The Attitude of Gratitude 🙏
15 Jun 2016
Feeling grateful is a very special feeling. It makes us feel open and truly enriched. Our soul expands and our life feels meaningful when feeling and expressing gratefulness. It is nourishment for the soul. It brings us closer to hope and trust and a positive manner to look at life.
It is balsam for our relationships! When somebody expresses his or her gratitude to you, you probably feel validated and seen with your qualities and your good intentions. This makes the connection between you and the person strong.
Showing gratitude for your spouse?
Show your spouse regularly that you are grateful! It strengthens the bond and you truly give attention and love to your partner.
What are you grateful for when thinking of your spouse? It may be small, daily things, it may be big things, that happen only incidentally and that make you feel grateful.
- I feel grateful that you look after the children so well.
- I am grateful for your comments and thoughts – you are a great sparring partner.
- I am grateful for you backing me up when I had to handle some challenges professionally.
- I am so grateful you are in my life!
- I am grateful for you giving me the space to have a free weekend with my girl friends.
- I am grateful for you being there for me when my mother died.
- I am grateful for the smile you give to me every morning when we wake up.
- I am grateful for your inspiration and ideas.
3 reasons not to show your gratitude
- Not everybody finds it easy, maybe you are not used to show your gratitude. It is a soft and vulnerable feeling, not everybody feels comfortable with it. It is a question of practicing though. First it feels strange but after a while it gets easier. Don’t forget, it is not only good for your spouse, but also good for you.
- When the bond between you and your spouse is under pressure it gets more difficult to express your gratitude because there are so many things you may be frustrated or disappointed about. The negative feelings get in the way of your positive feelings. Even in that situation is may be good to give it a try to consciously focus on the positive feelings of gratitude. And share them with your spouse. It does not mean that you forget about your negative feelings. It only means that ALL feelings are allowed to be there. Most probably it will be much easier for your spouse to listen to your frustrations when these feelings are balanced by positive feelings.
- If you are in the position of the criticized spouse, you probably are not inclined to show your validation and gratitude. Try it anyway. It is one way to get out of the trouble.
- Think of 3 things you are grateful for before you go to sleep.
- Make an appointment with your spouse that you share your gratitude the next possibility you have time and space with the two of you together. Take turns to share 5 things that you validate in her of him, about what he or she has done or will do or who he or she is as a person. Look into each other’s eyes, make it an emotional event. Also share with each other how it is for you to do this.
What was it you validated the last time you showed your gratitude to your spouse?
What is the importance of gratitude in your life?
We love to hear from you, in great gratitude and togetherness, Robert & Ingeborg
PS Please pass this Blog on to others who will also enjoy the content and energy of it.
Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.
Thank you ever so for you article post.
I really like and appreciate your blog post.
Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the net. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)
I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s articles or reviews daily along with a mug of coffee.
Your site is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!
Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!
The attitude of gratitude is the key of being success in life.There are many ways to improve the quality of the lifestyle. The best porn apps will let the people know how to get porn apps for android. Thanks for sharing this post with us.