5 crucial questions about your Relationship Investments
11 Jan 2017
In business, investments are necessary, otherwise you cannot make products or provide your services. It is not only necessary to grow your business but also to keep it alive. If you don’t invest in most cases your business will decline over time.
Are you an effective business investor? Do you know where and when to invest and last but not least how?
When it comes to human relationships the same principle is true: what you give attention will grow. When you do not invest in a relationship it will decline over time. Please think now of the most important relationship you have in your current life! When it comes to this relationship, are you an effective relationship investor? Do you know where and when to invest and –last but not least- how?
When it comes to the most important person in your life, please take a moment to reflect on the following 5 questions:
- On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you invest in him/her?
- How do you invest in him or her? What is your way to show your investment? Be specific!
- How do you know if your investment is effective and productive? How is he or she reacting to your investment so that you experience it as successful?
- What is the ROI, return on investment you are most happy about? What are you looking for when you invest in your relationship?
- How do you behave when your investment seems not to be successful? Does this behavior help you to get what you need? 2 ways to react:
- you evaluate your investment, find out about the mistake, change the strategy accordingly and invest again. Or
- you withdraw your investment and invest in another person.
Many people however resign and do nothing at all. They would never do that in business but in private relationships they do.
How do you tend to behave when it comes to your investments in your most important relationship?
And remember… no investment, no ROI!